Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fitness Routine!

Well hello everyone! It has been a long time-as always-what other way would I start out a blog post?!

Today I'm going to share with you my fitness routine and what I eat!
I always love these types of blog posts and watching these videos on YouTube, and I'm feeling very inspired today, so I thought why not?! Let me add in a disclaimer that I have no idea what I'm talking about.  This is just what I do to keep myself in shape, and it works for ME! Everyone is different, so if these things don't work for you, or I don't do things how I should please keep in mind that I'm just a normal person who lives this lifestyle.

We will start off with exercise:
The types of workouts I do depend on my work schedule.  On days that I do have to work, I go to the gym.  I'll normally do 30 minutes of treadmill, followed by 30 minutes of the elliptical.  On the treadmill I don't do anything too special.  It really just depends on how I feel that day. Sometimes I just walk, sometimes I jog, sometimes I run on an incline, so you get the picture.  After I finish those I will go over to the free weights, and just do all different kinds of workouts with those.  I really just make things up as I go.  If I do the same thing over and over again, I just get bored, so I like to switch it up a lot.  Then after I get my arms burning I will go and do 2 circuits around the weight machines that my gym has. I also love the fitness classes that my gym has to offer, and when I get time I like to attend those.  I think working out in a class setting can get you more motivated.  I try to do a pilates and yoga class once a week, and then a lifting or kettle bells class twice a week.
On days that I don't have to go to work I like to spend my time outside! I'll go to my local park and I usually jog/walk any where from 6-8 miles.  I use the Nike Running app to track my distance, and I listen to various stations on the Songza app.  My favorite one at the moment is the Get Pumped: Pop Anthems play list..literally amazing. It's got everything from Britney to N*Sync to Rhianna and Katy Perry.  I need that upbeat music when I work out or I would go crazy.
Anyway..I do this 6 times a week, whether it's in the gym or outside.  Sundays are my rest days only because I normally have to work open-close, and am exhausted afterwards.

My Food:
Now I just recently got into prepping my meals, and I don't know why on earth I didn't start doing this earlier.  It is a blessing! Here is an example of what I'll eat on a daily basis:

Breakfast- scrambled egg whites on whole wheat toast
After I finish my workout - Smoothie- one banana, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, spinach, yogurt, water (I really just keep adding things until it tastes good, it keeps me full for most of the day)
Lunch- I eat one of my premade meals- ground beef with tomatoes, onions, green onions, green peppers, and spinach...It's basically like amazing taco filling that doesn't have taco seasoning on it..and brown rice.
Dinner- Chicken breast and veggies- I make mine beforehand, I just cook it in a pan with olive oil, lemon juice, and dill weed. For vegetables I really just eat what I have on hand; broccoli, mixed veggies, brussel sprouts, whatever.

And that's basically it.  Now I'm not all healthy all the time, I still like to go out and eat restaurant food...I am obsessed with chocolate, and I ALWAYS have some type of chocolate on hand, and I like alcohol.  The trick is to not deprive yourself.  I'm in no way unhappy...ever..I eat what I want, when I want, but pre-making my meals makes it so easy for me to just grab something and heat it up..especially since I don't have a normal set schedule.

This is what works for me, and I've lost about 10 lbs and went down a whole size since really kicking this routine into gear! I hope it has inspired you to get your booty up and moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment