Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Meal Prep

So my meal prepping is probably the most basic in the whole world.  I am not a serious hard core muscle builder, so I'm not taking time measuring any nutrients out or anything like that.  This is the most simple way that I know how to do it, and it helps a lot when I'm running around and have seconds to pack a whole days worth of meals in the morning.
If you read my last post you saw everything I got on my grocery list, so I will just hop right in to what I prepare!


  • Cucumbers and celery- I was and cut these up so that they're in ready to eat pieces.  They make a great addition to a lunch, or they're great for snacking in the middle of the day! If they're ready to eat I will be more likely to eat them and they will be less likely to sit in the back of my fridge and rot!
  • Brown rice- I find that 2 cups of rice normally lasts me the longest without going bad or anything, so I boil that and put it in one big Tupperware.  I'll spoon it out and warm it up as I need it.  I think it saves more space rather than putting it out in separate containers. 
  • Chicken- I normally do 4 chicken breasts at once.  This time I did two of them with my famous seasoning and the other two I just used low sodium teriyaki sauce. I cut the cooked pieces into littler pieces and put them into containers.  This way it's easier to just throw them over rice or over a salad or however I want to eat them. 
And that's basically all I do.  If I need to make a batch of granola for the week I usually would do that too, but I had plenty to last me for the week.  There are things that I eat throughout the week that don't get prepared on meal prep days.  Since the chicken sausage I buy is already pre cooked I will just cut that up the day I want to have it and warm it up with my rice.  I also use the steam fresh veggies, just because it's easier to me, so I will steam those on a daily basis too.  I make sweet potato fries basically almost every day (I'm beyond obsessed with them) but I have found that they taste better when they're cut fresh, so I cut those up on the day that I cook them as well. 
I hoped this helped some of you who are looking to start meal prepping! Like I said in the beginning this is totally just a basic routine, and just what I normally do on a weekly basis. 

xoxo, 
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment