Monday, January 19, 2015

If You're Not First, You're Last

I am a perfectionist...so normally I'm not one to pick out my flaws and talk about them all over the internet.  Then I remember that I'm a real person, and that I'm not 'perfect' and I sit down and write a blog about it.  Today I want to talk about a problem that I have that recently has REALLY started to bother me.

I am such a sore loser. Like seriously....the worst. I am super competitive by nature, and always have been. It's cute when you're young, but as an adult it's really starting to embarrass me.  I need to remember that I am NOT the best at EVERYTHING, and I'm not going to be.

Honestly, I have no idea where I was going with this, and have TOTALLY lost my train of thought, so I'm going to switch gears a little...

Today I posted a status on Facebook about finally being the happiest that I have been in a really long time. Maybe my whole life even.  I have gone through a lot in the last year, and to finally be putting it all behind me is taking a lot of stress and unhappiness off of my shoulders.  I have learned that life is too precious and short to be staying angry and being filled with resentment towards people who may have hurt us in the past.  Being mad will get you nowhere.  Trust me.

So, I want to encourage you to let go of any anger you may have towards anything.  Channel that anger into changing your life around.  That's what I did, and it worked out great.  If you take a step back and look at all of the things in your life that make you truly happy; i.e. living with your best friend, talking to cute boys, and eating cheese fries, you'll realize that you're a bad bitch and no one can tell you different.

At the end of the day, the only opinion that matters is your opinion of yourself.  If ex boyfriends hate you, let them hate you...like they're an ex and you're better off without them.

These are the best years of my life, so I'm not going to let anger and resentment hold me back from enjoying my time.

Cheers to the New Year!

xoxo
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment